Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day



The weather forecasters were all saying that we would get snow Wednesday morning, which didn't pan out. But by Wednesday afternoon it started to snow quite a bit in North Bend, and really started coming down in earnest throughout the Puget Sound area, so that by Thursday we had this:








About 5 inches when I took this picture, and outside this morning it is very cold and about 8 inches.



The hill I live on gets plowed and sanded pretty frequently, which is great with the exception that the snow gets piled up on the entrance to our driveway, so I usually have to dig ourselves out so we can get on the main road. Pretty much all of the school districts in the Seattle area are closed, as well as my office in Seattle.


No scooting today!



8 comments:

Heinz N Frenchie said...

We love to see the pictures of snow, especially this time of year. Christmas without snow doesn't seem like a real Christmas. Nothing beats being in a warm house looking out at the snow falling. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize that you commuted to Seattle daily. I think the city was at a standstill. Our head office is in seattle on 6th Avenue just south of Safeco Field. Many workers had to walk to work on Thursday and they left work early. I was looking at all the mess on KIRO news.
Your Element is just like my Civic, only all season tires. I love the element i really wanted to get one but you cannot fit a scooter inside.
Hope you dig out soon.

Lance said...

Heinz N Frenchie - Thanks. I agree, a good snowfall is pretty to look at. Looks like we may have a white Christmas here.

Bobskoot - I have been away from the city since Wednesday, with a dental procedure on Weds and working from home on Thursday. It was pretty surprising to see how bad it was in Seattle, which usually doesn't get much snow.

John McClane said...

Just glad I'm not sharing your snow.

Lance said...

John, when the snow gets too much, I just pop on over to your site and enjoy the weather in Turkey!

Joe said...

Now that's weird... YOUR snow looks pretty, but mine is abominable. Maybe that's 'cause I don't have to shovel yours? Nice pics, Lance!

- Joe at Scootin' da Valley

Stephen said...

We broke a record on this side of the Cascades with that storm. 19.4 inches in 24 hours. We are currently covered with 24 inches of snow and it's still coming down.

Looks like it's going to be a White Christmas this year.

E.T.

irondad said...

The only real trouble with riding a scooter in that much snow is that you can't see over the drifts too well!