I decided to put a few items for sale on Craigslist
, which included my ipod
. It's an 80gb
, immediately placed in a case when I got it, so it's like new. I wasn't using it anyway (I prefer my 1gb Muvo
player, which isn't as fancy, but gets the job done) so I thought it would be good to get this to someone else who could really use this.
I got MANY interested buyers - it was like I threw some chum into shark-infested waters the e-mails came in so quickly. But despite the overwhelming response, it hasn't sold - here's a sampling of some of the interesting responses I received, but had to regretfully decline:
1. The "or best offer" response - I am interested in offers, but no, I won't sell you my $200 ipod
2. The "trade" response - No, I am not willing to trade you my ipod
for your ipod
- I'm trying to get rid of mine, so why would I need another one???
3. The "$100 to ship it" response - This is also known as the "son of a West African Minister who was forced out of the country by political opponents but before fleeing the country had stowed away $10 million in a foreign bank" response. I got two of these, and they both wanted to buy my ipod
for a relative/friend who was out of the country (like you can't get an ipod
outside the US????), and were willing to add $100 to the purchase price if I would accept a "Fedex
wire transfer" (I didn't know these existed, and as a matter of fact, neither does Fedex
) to ship the item.
4. The "sure, I'll buy this" response - I had one person commit to buy, and we were to meet at an agreed location at an agreed time. I was there, at the right time, but no buyer.
So, if anyone wants to buy an ipod
for a good price, particularly if you want to trade me your 2009 Honda DN-01 for it (see below - I'm willing to trade straight across), let me know!