Saturday, November 15, 2008

After The Rain



The forecast is for dry weather for the next 3-4 days, so this Saturday morning I took the Elite for a ride into town to see how everything is getting back to normal. On my way into town, I came upon this small family of deer.



Downtown North Bend didn't get much in the way of flooding - Huxdotter's was serving espresso during the rains and wind. It's sunny and fairly warm (~50 degrees F), so I am taking my coffee "alfresco" this morning.



A view of Rattlesnake Ridge from Huxdotter's (fortunately there's no rattlesnakes in this part of the state).
5 minutes away by scooter is Snoqualmie - they are down river from North Bend, so there was significant flooding there - some roads are still closed.
These next pictures are of the school district building in Snoqualmie. A couple of days ago this place was sandbagged, and the buses were moved to higher ground. Today, the sandbags are gone, and it looks like the building fared pretty well.


A couple of blocks away, the neighborhood looks like it's pretty much back to normal, with the exception of someones alternative means of transportation during the flood.



2 comments:

Stephen said...

This is the first day that I have been online in the past few weeks. I had no idea that you folks got that much rain on that side of the state.

Times like that, I guess I'm glad that I live in the "Rain Shadow" of the Cascades.

Ride well and stay dry!

E.T.

Conchscooter said...

It's odd how people always wonder about hurricanes in Key West and then a thousand homes burn down in Southern California and half the Pacific Northwest drowns, and its all sort of ho hum, except for the sandbagged residents.And they get flooded in the cold, 50f is cold, and it sounds horrible.